Ambleside Tiddly Cove Lions Club – ATLC was chartered on March 11, 1975 and currently has 28 members– who raise over $30,000 per year for local needy causes. We are members of Lions International which has 1.36 million members in over 180 countries. Lions Clubs are non political, non sectarian service clubs composed of leading business and professional people. Membership is by invitation only. The purpose of the Lions club is more than good fellowship and club social life, important though these are. It is to recognize community needs and develop means of meeting them, either through its own effort or in cooperation with other agencies. Lionism is an effective and efficient medium for national and world service, exerting tremendous influence for national welfare, international amnisty and peace, and human progress; socially, culturally and economically.
Lions Club Objective:
- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- To promote principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To unite the Clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matter of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by Club Members.
- To encourage service-minded men and women to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry,
professions, public works and private endeavors.
Code of Ethics
- To show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- To seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable act on my part.
- To remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another’s ; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards my fellow men, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- To hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exits not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given .
- Always to bear in mind obligations as a citizen of my Nation, my Province and my Community, and to give to them freely of my time, labor and means.
- To aid my fellow men by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needed.
- To be careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.
A Few of the Charities and Projects supported by donations from ATLC:
~ Ambleside Park Children’s Playground
~ Camp Squamish -BC Lions Society
~ CDN Guide Dogs PAWS
~ Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
~ NS Stroke Recovery Centre
~ Cops For Cancer
~ Lions Gate Hospital Foundation
~ Hollyburn Family Services
~ Alzheimer’s Society – North Shore
~ WV Seniors Centre
~ Transplant Research Foundation
~ West Van Lawn Bowling Club
~ North Shore SEARCH & RESCUE
~ Lions Bay Search & Rescue/ Fire Dept
~ NSA Mentally Handicapped
~ Schizophrenia Society
~ WV Cub Scouts
~ Union Gospel Mission
~ Third World Eye Care
~ NS Salvation Army
~ DIABETES Testing Van